Since 2003, the firm has maintained a singular focus of client-centered legal representation, with a reputation for creative, practical problem solving in the boardroom and robust advocacy in the courtroom.
Carvalho & Associates has successfully represented a wide range of business clients in civil litigation, environmental and energy law, real estate and business matters. In the last ten years, Carvalho & Associates has obtained settlements, judgments and verdicts of over $15 Million on behalf of our clients.
We regularly advise the firm’s broad range of clients on comprehensive and pragmatic strategies to avoid costly and time consuming litigation whenever possible. When necessary, we aggressively pursue litigation in state and federal courts to achieve client directed goals and objectives. The firm represents clients in trial and appellate courts. Our experienced litigation team also regularly represent clients in Alternative Dispute resolution (ADR), to include mediation and arbitration.
We have accumulated an impressive level of success in the courtroom:
- $5.2 Million Judgment in Storm water & Property Rights case – Record Judgment in Georgia (2012)
- $2.5 Million Jury Verdict in Storm Water Case & Property Rights case – Highest jury verdict of its kind in Georgia history (2011), (upheld by the Georgia Court of Appeals 2013)
- $406,000 Sanction Award for destruction of Electronically Stored Information Highest sanction of its kind in Georgia history (2011)
- Negotiated $725,000 Settlement in personal injury case involving illegal police pursuit resulting in traumatic amputation of pedestrian’s leg (2011)
- Successfully represented the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) in in connection with appeal of Public Service Commission ruling involving $6.4 Billion for two new nuclear reactors (2010)
- Negotiated $975,000 Confidential Settlement in environmental property damage case (2009)
- Successfully negotiated the first Consent Order under Section 113 of the Clean Air Act in EPA history (2008)